Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 27th, 2016 02:00

Touchpad tap to click stops working XPS 13

The tap to click function on my touch pad will stop working randomly and start dragging the item around instead. Will then have to fully click down on the touch pad to navigate between tabs etc. The scroll function also stops at random, but after restart it all returns to normal until the next time it stops working. Anyone had this problem and know how to fix it? 

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

September 27th, 2016 01:00

My sound will go from working perfectly to having a really bad crackling at random. Anyone had this problem and know how to fix it? 

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 27th, 2016 16:00

Hi,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS, Chipset and Touchpad drivers on the system in sequence for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below and click on ‘Get drivers and downloads’ then download the BIOS from BIOS section, chipset driver from chipset section and touchpad driver from Mouse, Keyboard & Input Devices’ section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Pleae let me know if this helps. 

1 Message

October 10th, 2016 06:00

I'm also getting the same issue for the past 3 days. any solution for this?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

October 11th, 2016 08:00

the same issue

The audio issue? If so, please reply back with the model name of the laptop -- there are 6 models marketed as  XPS 13 -- and its operating system. I think one of the models had "static" after a recent Win10 update.

The touchpad issue? Post on the General Hardware discussion board.

1 Message

March 7th, 2017 06:00

I have the same issue - it is driving me crazy  I am considering going back to mac! God I hate Windows but I love my XPS 13!!!

No Events found!