Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

February 7th, 2009 12:00

Trackpad Problems - Inspiron 1525 - HELP!

I just bought a Dell Inspiron 1525 about two weeks ago.  The trackpad has never really worked properly.  It's hard to get it to respond to touch and just generally doesn't perform like a brand new computer's trackpad should.  You have to touch it just so for it to work.  Is this a common issue with the Inspiron 1525?  Is there some setting I can tweak to get it right?  I need to know if I should send the computer back.  HELP!

3 Posts

March 6th, 2009 12:00

Haven't had the chance to ship it in yet, then it's supposed to be 10-15 days.  As soon I have it back, I'll let you know.

3 Posts

March 31st, 2009 19:00

Got my computer back and Dell replaced my trackpad, and it's working fine, so clearly a hardware problem.  One thing, when I first spoke to Dell support after they received my machine, they made some noise saying the trackpad wasn't covered under the limited warranty.  I ended up asking for a manager in my first conversation with them.  The second conversation, the CSR checked and my computer was being "magically" repaired under warranty.  They fixed it, though.

No Events found!