Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 27th, 2015 08:00

Two Finger Scroll Not Working on my Inspiron 3543

It's been just a month since I bought my new lappy. Usually when I start it up, the two finger scroll works just fine in the Start menu of Windows 8.1.

But after about 10 minutes or so, when I press Start for something, and try scrolling with the two fingers... BAMM !!!!   It's futile. Nothing happens whatsoever.

Please help. All responses appreciated.

April 27th, 2015 19:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us.

Was there any update run before this stopped working? If so, trying a System restore is the easiest fix.

Update the driver for the touchpad from the Dell Support Website. Once done, enter Touchpad properties and you should be able to personalize scrolling options under advanced properties.

371 Posts

April 28th, 2015 08:00

check to see if the on screen keyboard has started. it messes up the finger gestures everytime for me. ive went into services and everything to turn it off. but somethin in google makes it come on anyway. after u turn it off, u usually need to restart Chrome and it usually works for a while. some glitch somewhere

3 Posts

May 1st, 2015 09:00

Hey,

First of all... Thank you for replying. I don't remember any specific update but, the Windows action center keeps downloading some additional updates if that's what you are referring to. And I also tried to update my touchpad driver, but it says that it is already up to date.

Regarding the Dell TouchPad properties, I already tried that and it is configured as per my convenience. Yet it goes through the same error.

Thank you again for suggesting.

2 Posts

May 29th, 2015 12:00

Anybody else have any suggestions.  I bought my computer in March and even returned it because of this issue for a replacement as Dell was never able to resolve.  Well, the replacement has the same issue, so it has to be a driver issue.  Dell, please fix and don't ignore us.  Quality is supposed to be your thing!  Otherwise, I love my laptop.  Just want the gestures fixed.  Could someone at Dell get ahold of a 3543 fresh out of the box and experience what we are experiencing and fix it?

July 30th, 2015 09:00

Same issue here. Tech support deleted old drivers and installed new ones - No Use, reset my system - No Use, finally they replaced my touchpad and guess what - No Use...Still facing the exact same issues you are. Hope Dell does something about this problem.

Help Us.

No Events found!