Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 3rd, 2013 12:00

Typing freezes

Inspirion 153520 under warranty.  Typing email address or password,  characters freeze after 3-4 characters typed and have to place insert point after last character in order to continue.    Keyboard seems free.  Manually had to place insert point at least 6-8 times by external mouse to type these words.

19 Posts

July 3rd, 2013 13:00

Downloaded the touchpad driver.  IT WORKED!!!  No more freezes when typing.  Thanks so much.....

19 Posts

The computer does not freeze, it is the typing that freezes.  Using Win 8.  Also happens using Notepad or compose email.  Will  your suggestions work with Win 8?

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

Hi barc30,

Try running the diagnostics as suggested in my previous post. This is check the hardware functionality. Also, check with alternate browser (Chrome/Firefox).

I would also recommend you to update the touchpad drivers from the following link http://dell.to/12mnjCT.

Please share the findings.

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

Hi barc30,

Since the computer freezes, I would suggest you to run the Dell Diagnostics to check the hardware functionality. Power off the computer -> restart the computer, press 'F12' key on the Dell logo -> Select ‘Diagnostics’ from the boot menu.

Also, share the operating system installed on the computer.  If you are using Windows 7, try booting the system in Safe Mode and check if you experience the same issue. Power off the computer -> Restart the computer, tap F8 on Dell logo 2-3 times -> This will take you to ‘Windows Advanced Boot Options’ -> Choose ‘Safe Mode’ in the Advanced Boot menu (use ‘up’ or ‘down’ arrow keys to highlight the option, press ‘enter’ to select) -> When Windows finishes loading in Safe mode, check if the computer is working fine.

Please share the findings.

19 Posts

July 3rd, 2013 13:00

Thanks...I'll be back.....

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

July 3rd, 2013 14:00

Hi barc30,

Glad to know the issue is resolved. Feel free to reach out in case you face nay issues in the future.

No Events found!