Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 4th, 2013 23:00

USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver for Window 8

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 15R N5110 and i wonder if there is a driver already for the USB 3.0 Host Controller for Windows 8. Because right now, i can't maximize the speed of my USB 3.0 and it just like a USB 2.0 because the transfer rate is just between 30-35MB/s.

Thanks in advance,

Nald

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

September 4th, 2013 23:00

Hi Nald,

USB 3.0 Host Controller driver for Windows 8 is not available. You may try to download and install the Wistron USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver available for Windows 7 and see it that helps.

If that doesn't help, then you may try to install the driver in compatibility mode. It might help.

• Download the driver from link above
  • Right Click the driver installation file and select Properties -- > Compatibility Tab.
  • Select Windows 7 from the list in the following image

• Click Apply -- > OK
  • Right Click the file and select the 'Run As Administrator' to install the driver

Hope this helps.

3 Posts

September 5th, 2013 00:00

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I'm going to try this later when i'm at home already. I'm going to advise you tomorrow for the result. Thanks again!

Nald

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

September 5th, 2013 01:00

Hi Nald,

Thank you for the response. I hope everything works in a positive way.

Good Luck :emotion-21:

3 Posts

September 5th, 2013 20:00

Hi,

After doing what you have instructed me to do, still, nothing has change. Slow transfer rate for USB 3.0.:emotion-6:

Thanks,

Nald

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

September 6th, 2013 03:00

Hi Nald,

Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done. Windows 8 has native drivers for USB 3.0. Please ensure that Windows Updates are up-to date.

Are you connecting 3.0 device or 2.0 device? 

To me the transfer rate seems normal. Data transfer speed depends on various factors like amount of data being transferred, size of the file etc. This should not be a matter of concern.

No Events found!