Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 24th, 2009 00:00

USB to Ethernet Adapter (Limited or No Connectivity Error)

I have a Dell Inspiron 2500 laptop running Windows XP Professional and am trying to connect to the internet using a USB Ethernet adapter. It installs but says "Limited or No Connectivity" when the ethernet cable is plugged. (All of the lights on the cable modem light up.) I plugged the same ethernet cable into my desktop PC to make sure that my internet connection is working properly, and it is. Why is it saying that I have "Limited or No Connectivity" when I connect the Ethernet cable to the USB Ethernet Adapter? I thought the adapter was all I needed to connect to the internet?... What am I missing?

Can someone please help point me in the right direction I really am stumped.

21 Posts

March 24th, 2009 00:00

what you can try is to uninstall the network network card from the device manager and restart the machine, right click on the my computer>properties>hardware>device manger>network adapter>then you will see the ethernet connection then right click and uninstall after that restart the machine. you can also do that on the usb{univesal sirial bus}

if the above troubleshooting doesn't work you can try to decrease the network speed into 10 half mode, in the same place you don't unistall you go into properties and change the link speed from auto to 10 half mode after that restart the machine.

one of them it must work.

March 24th, 2009 13:00

OK, I tried both and, unfortunately, niether worked. When I tried the first one that you suggested, it uninstalled fine. I'm not sure what the purpose of uninstalling the network device was but once I did it I still couldn't go on the internet.

Then, I tried your second suggestion and that didn't work either. I went to My Computer/ Properties/ Hardware/ Device Manager/ Network Adapter/ Advanced and changed ConnectionType value to 10BaseT, then, restarted my computer but it still says Limited or No Connectivity. That was what you wanted me to do, right? Maybe I did something wrong... Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

No Events found!