Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 2nd, 2013 01:00

Unable to Access My Dell Downloads

When I click "I have read, understand, and agree with the terms and conditions of the "My Dell Downloads" website." to indicate my agreement and then click the "Register System" button, the Register System button disappears but nothing further occurs.  I do not see the screen for the system profiler installation, system profiler never installs, and thus, I am stuck on the "Register System" screen permanently, unable to download the software that came with my system.  I am using IE9, Win7.  Has anyone else experienced this problem, and if so, how did you access the preinstalled software for your system?  Thanks.

December 4th, 2013 19:00

I had that same problem, but found it was because I was using Firefox.  After I switched to Internet Explorer, I tried it again and it wanted me to install some activeX thing and then it proceded.  But then it told me that my Service Tag was not supported and wouldn't let me download any software.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 5th, 2013 15:00

If you still have problems with My Dell Downloads, using Internet explorer 32-bit,

Contact Dell Tech Support.

Rick

December 5th, 2013 19:00

Rick, I appreciate the suggestion, but because my system is out of warranty, the options to contact support are unavailable to me unless I want to pay on a per use basis or sign up for some plan.  And so if I'm going to have to pay to ask someone to help me access what I already paid for, I'd rather just pay to buy the software again instead (because if I buy it again, I'm sure to get it, whereas if I pay for tech support, I could still end up with nothing).

No Events found!