Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 23rd, 2012 23:00

Unable to download A16 bios firmware update

Hello,

I want to apologize in advance if I am posting this in the wrong section but there is no way to contact anyone in support about this issue. After reformatting my Dell XPS 17 L702X I hopped on Dell.com to grab all of the drivers that I needed to get my system back up and functional. Little did I know that Dell would fail again at driver management. After finding the update for the A16 bios update I tried to download the file but was unable to. I kept getting routed to the same page, regardless of the browser I was using (IE9, Firefox, and Chrome.) The page I was getting routed to was I then tried the same process on a different machine and got the same issue. I then tried many other drivers listed under recommended for my system and again the same problem kept arising. I was just wondering if anyone else has run into this same issue, where they went to solve the problem if it happened, or if anyone internally at Dell even knows about this issue? It is very frustrating that the large corporate name which Dell represents can fail so consistently at their own webpage support, case and point the still not working download manager which has been in the works for over 2 years.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks.

14.4K Posts

February 24th, 2012 00:00

That's odd as I just tried and was able to successfully download the bios file.

No Events found!