Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 21st, 2013 06:00

Unable to enter bios setup with F2 key on boot

I have the new Inspiron 7000 series laptop, the model number is 7737. I am unable to enter the bios setup menu. 
I shutdown the computer and then hit the power key and keep tapping the "F2" key, I see the "F2 setup" text on the bottom right corner dislayed and highlighted when I press the f2 key, but it still continues to boot from the hard drive. I tried the F12 key and have the same problem. 

I now removed the hard drive and it still won't enter the bios menu. 
Am I missing something ?

4 Posts

November 23rd, 2013 05:00

I did flash the bios to the older A04 version and I still have the same problem during boot. 

I found this online and I am able to enter into bios with Windows 8.  Is there any settings in the bios that can enable the boot hot key? 

To enter Setup Utility:

1. Open the Charm Bar by pressing Windows Key-C
  2. Click on Settings
  3. Click on Change PC Settings
  4. Click on General
  5. Scroll to the bottom and click on Advanced Startup -> Restart Now
  6. Click on Troubleshoot
  7. Click on Advanced Options
  8. Click on UEFI Firmware Settings
  9. Click on Restart

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

November 21st, 2013 07:00

Hi HelloSiva,

Please connect an external keyboard and tap F2 and check if system enters the BIOS page? Also try Fn + F2 to enter the BIOS.

Need further assistance? Use the "Get Help Now" option at the bottom right to chat with a Dell technician right away. 

(edited)

4 Posts

November 21st, 2013 11:00

Hi Senthil,

Nothing worked.  BTW, This is a brand new laptop that I got yesterday.  Is there anything else I can do?

Siva

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

November 22nd, 2013 09:00

Hi HelloSiva,

Please update the BIOS using the link below and check if the issue persists.

http://dell.to/17UK83C

Connect the Ac Adapter before updating the BIOS and do not use the system until it restarts after the update.

Please send me the system service tag or express service code through a private chat, I will see what best can be done.

Click on my username select start conversation and send me the details. 

Please refer to the link below where to locate the service tag or express service code.

http://dell.to/162b3za

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

November 26th, 2013 08:00

Hi HelloSiva,

Enter control panel and under “Power Options” Click “Choose what the power buttons do” in the left bar, then uncheck “Turn on fast startup” in the bottom group of options. You may have to click “Change settings that are currently unavailable” at the top of the window and go through a UAC prompt first.

140 Posts

January 14th, 2016 14:00

Was there's any resolution to this? I'm having the same issue in my Inspiron 11 3137 recently updated to Win 10.

1 Message

March 16th, 2016 00:00

Please suggest me for this.. I am trying to enter BIOS, F+F12, F+F2 but I am not able enter BIOS

No Events found!