Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 12th, 2012 03:00

Unable to lock my touchpad

I didn't found any solution. how can i lock my laptop touchpad whereas Fn+F3 do not work but it's indicator show on. I have to need mouchpad lock system, because my 4 yrs child can be damage it. So please help me.

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 5/9/2012, 23:53:36
Machine name: DELL-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Dell System Inspiron N4110
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 1956MB RAM
Page File: 1022MB used, 2889MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

May 12th, 2012 04:00

Hi ranafge,

Welcome to the Community,

I suggest you to first  download and install the Touch pad driver from the link below:

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Check under Programs list if your system has the Dell Quickset application installed.If not,install the Dell Quickset application from the link below:

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Once you install the Touchpad driver and Dell Quickset ,reboot your system and try Fn F3. If it does not work,check if there is a Icon for Touchpad on the taskbar (right hand bottom of your screen). Click on that Icon and you should be able get a option to disable the Touchpad.

Let me know if you need more help and also confirm if this fixed the problem.

Thank You

Roshan

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 12th, 2012 03:00

ranafge,

On my system, there is a button between the F12 and Insert button. If I press the button, it locks the touchpad and an orange light comes on(I have a backlit keyboard)

Rick

thank you Roshan, now solved

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

You're welcome ranafge.

Please post back for any other help.

thanks but it was not correct answer.

1 Message

July 16th, 2012 12:00

Hi Roshan,

I am using Vostro laptop. My touchpad indicator shows its locked (indicator light is on), but it still functions. It used to function properely at the time of purchase (about 8 months back). Could you please assist me?

Appreciate your time and effort in assisting me in this regard.

Thanks and Regards,

R.Vikram

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

July 17th, 2012 04:00

Hi  rvikram25,

Welcome to the Community,

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Touchpad driver and Dell Quickset application for your system model.Drivers are available on www.support.dell.com,Drivers and Downloads.Use your system service tag and select operating system to get the list of drivers.Touchpad is under Input and QuickSet under Applications.

If you need the direct link,post your full system model,along with version of  Windows Operating system running on the system.

Thank You

No Events found!