Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 28th, 2016 10:00

Unable to switch on my laptop

I have a dell studio 1558 & it won't turn on. I have checked the adaptor, power supply & even the residual charge. Everything checks fine. As soon as I switch on my laptop, the backlight keyboard light flickers and the laptop goes dead. Kindly help me

1.2K Posts

January 28th, 2016 20:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us! Based on the information given we see that this system refuses to power up. Kindly assist us with some information so that we can confirm the faulty component .

*What is the colour of the power button?( If the power button is steady green /white then the system powers up and it could be a fault with systemboard . But if it fails to power up then the system is unable to receive sufficient power from the source)

*Have you tested a different charger / battery on this system ?( if it does then either the original charger or the battery has failed ,test them by individually connecting them to the system)

*Do you hear any beeps from the system? (If beeps are heard then the system fails to POST and according to the beeps we can confirm the faulty component)

Hoping the above mentioned information helps, but if there are any concerns just write to us and we will be glad to resolve them for you.

Have a good day ahead!

Regards,

January 28th, 2016 23:00

hi,

*the colour of power button (& indicator light) is steady white. it blinks for a sec and goes away. if i keep the power button pressed, the power indicator light just keeps blinking on and off.

*Tested the battery & charger individually. removed the battery & connected the charger; tried to power on; same issue. removed the charger, connected fully charged battery, same issue.

*no beeps; just flickering of keyboard light & blinking of power button (& indicator).

regards

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

January 29th, 2016 03:00

You've isolated the problem to a single possibility:  a faulty mainboard.

1.2K Posts

February 1st, 2016 22:00

Hi,

Just a quick message to check if the issue with your system is resolved. Based on the information given we suspect system board failure , if you can send the service tag of the system via private message we can verify the system details ,check the warranty status and confirm if system board replacement is necessary .

Regards,

No Events found!