Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

September 9th, 2014 21:00

Unplugging charger after 100% charge shows only 93% available.

When i plug in charger battery level shows 100% charged, but when unplugged Battery shows only 93% available. I don't remember changing settings except the power saver mode.

However, even after resetting the settings to default i still see the same with my new laptop Lattitude 3440.

Could one of you advice?

Thanks 

Phani

253 Posts

September 10th, 2014 00:00

This also happens with my Inspiron 15z 5523.

But it doesn't matter with me, however, the laptop is still very excellent and boots so fast EXCEPT this hang issue that doesn't power down the laptop sometimes even after Windows 8.1 shuts down.

285 Posts

September 10th, 2014 00:00

CEHCK THE BATTERY HEALTH USING BATTERY METER.EXE (FECOMMENDED BY DELL)

AND THEN TELL ME STATUS OF UR BATTERY......

285 Posts

September 10th, 2014 10:00

hiii everyone,

I couldn't understand his queries completely..... So, Please anyone should help him......Sorry for the inconvenience 

4 Operator

• 

783 Posts

September 10th, 2014 17:00

@Phani482,

Thank you for posting your question on the Dell Community.

I'm looking into this battery concern and will be posting back once I know more. I'm confident we can find the answer.

285 Posts

September 11th, 2014 01:00

Hiiii PHANI482,

Easiest way is to buy a new battery - Sorry, but batteries are unreliable, especially if they are over 1 years old.

You can also try a free program called Battery Care.<http://batterycare.net/en/download.html>

The fact is, you can recalibrate laptop batteries if it supports such a feature (Cheak in BIOS, or power software), but it sometimes does not work. Doing what you do of having a full battery and allowing it to run down completely usually does the trick.

8 Posts

September 11th, 2014 09:00

I did the battery cheeck which is recommended by dell. It shows battery is working normal.

By the way laptop is Brand new. (Not even a month from the date i received the order.)

8 Posts

September 11th, 2014 10:00

Finally, talked to support on phone. They made me follow basic testing and concluded that battery needs to be replaced, if this doesn't work, Mother board needs a replacement  too.

This is a new laptop and i am a careful user. Still  i need to replace parts for a 1 month old laptop. This is not a good business DELL. :(  (Disappointed and feeling embarrassed in-front of my friends who use Apple,sony.) Will Dell do all sort of testing before shipping??  Hope the replacement does good to my laptop

8 Posts

I bought the laptop here in US and using here itself. Agent is coming to my address to replace. Why do i need to go to service centre???

285 Posts

Hiiii Phani482,

Thanks for your giving Information... You will go directly to ur nearby Dell Authorized Service center and tell your queries/suggestions.... they will take care of your laptop to solve this issue.... Ask to replace battery.. But, the issue priority is very high,  Ask for motherboard  replacement .....

Are you an INDIAN User, Search your nearby area service center by using this below link......

http://supportapj.dell.com/support/topics/topic.aspx/ap/shared/support/dellcare/en/carry_in_service_contacts?c=in&DoNotRedirect=y

285 Posts

September 11th, 2014 13:00

Hiiii,

IT IS A ANOTHER WAY APPROACH ..... THAT'S IT ..........

THREE WAYS OF SUPPORT

1. BY PHONE SUPPORT
  2. CUSTOMER'S GO TO NEARBY SERVICE CENTER
  3. AGENT GOING TO CUSTOMER HOME AS PER SCHEDULED

No Events found!