Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 24th, 2013 11:00

Use of S/PDIF Interface at Dockin station and D630

Hi all, 

I like to use the digital Audio Interface S/PDIF at the Dell dockin station with a DELL D630 and W7 Prof / SP1- But I need do know how to use the S/PDIF. Do I need a special driver or do a need a special setup of  audio ...? BWT: I use the build in sigmatel audio device and the Microsoft high definition audio driver.

Thanks in advance - Juergen

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 24th, 2013 12:00

I use the build in sigmatel audio device and the Microsoft high definition audio driver.

You probably should install the Sigmatel audio driver. Because there is not one for Win7, download the Vista version Sigmatel R171788 and install it into 7 by using Vista compatibility mode. There are a couple of ways of doing that. First:

Download the driver

Right click the driver installation file and select Properties -- > Compatibility Tab.

Select Windows Vista from the list

Click Apply -- > OK

Right click the file and select the 'Run As Administrator' to install the driver

The other way is to download the driver and unzip or unpack it to c:\Dell\Drivers\R171788, but cancel the installation process.

Navigate to c:\Dell\Drivers\R171788. Find the setup.exe file and right click on it. Select the Properties. Find the compatibility tab and select Vista.

I am not sure of the exact instructions to make the s/pif work. I would suggest selecting s/dif as the playback device in the Sound properties -- similar to the sceenshot below except that the green check should be next to s/pdif.

If you do not see s/pdif at all, right click in the blank white area and select to look for it in the disconnected and disabled devices.

No Events found!