Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 14th, 2016 10:00

VGA Driver request

hello, i need vga driver for "dell inspiron n5010" laptop fo windows 10 x64. the graphic card that installed on this device is "amd ati mobility radeon HD 5470" i tried to install the drivers that is already in the dell's site (winows 7 x64) and AMD site, but non of them works on my laptop. i also tried to mannualy install it(not running setup). i mean i tried to install it from device manager but it doesnt work and can not detect the video card. so i need you to send me a compatible version of driver software for Microsoft windows 10 x64.

the other drivers is OK with windows 10 x64, the only problem is VGA.

please fix this for me.

sorry for poor english

• 

17K Posts

June 15th, 2016 08:00

mj2008,

Unfortunately, as you know that Windows 10 is not supported on this computer by Dell. There were no Windows 10 drivers created for the hardware on this computer. You could maybe try searching the AMD website for a driver for the video card in your computer.

2 Posts

June 15th, 2016 10:00

hello, I first sen't an e-mail to AMD but they pass me to DELL company.

so i have a problem and you should fix this for me!
this is the answer of AMD:
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Dear Customer,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200694831]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

As I understand that you are looking graphic card drivers on your DELL Inspiron 15 N5010 laptop. If I have missed any critical information about your inquiry, please let me know as my suggestion below may change.

AMD drivers may have limited support for notebook specific features and functions

Please note, AMD provides a reference for AMD Mobility Radeon graphics drivers with limited support for notebook specific features and functions.  This is not intended to be used as a replacement for the notebook manufacturer's driver. To know more, please visit https://community.amd.com/docs/DOC-1336

Also, AMD recommends using the graphics drivers provided by your notebook's manufacturer as the manufacturer may customize the drivers to support the built-in display and the features and functions specific to the notebook. Customized graphics drivers are available for download from most notebook manufacturer's web site.

If the current operating system is not the version originally installed on the notebook it may not meet all requirements and compatible graphics drivers may not be available. Please refer to the notebook manufacturer for supported operating systems and drivers.

I request you to contact your laptop manufacture & install the recommend suitable graphic card drivers for your laptop.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-15-intel-n5010/drivers

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care

• 

17K Posts

June 17th, 2016 06:00

MJ2008,

Unfortunately, Dell will not be creating any Windows 10 drivers for this computer.

No Events found!