Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 15th, 2012 12:00

VOSTRO 3550 JUMPING CURSOR

Found a potential resolution via google search for the problem which was to disable the touch pad. This suggestion was for

another computer but the problem was / is identical. I wonder why DELL has not bothered to address a known problem for several years?

Received a message which appeared to be from DELL suggesting that I use either the Fn and F3 buttons or the Fn and button immediately

to the right of F12. No go. Can one just uninstall the touch pad driver?

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

October 15th, 2012 13:00

No you cannot uninstall the driver. This is not a Dell problem. It happens on all laptops. Dell has a Quickset utility--also called Windows Mobility Center on windows 7 computers--that you can use to easily turn off the touchpad or select to turn it off only when typing--a really good solution. The problem occurs when typists brush the pad with the palms or heels of their hands. Turning down the sensitivity of the touchpad can also help.

1 Message

October 31st, 2012 08:00

Unfortunately, I have done both. Neither has had any effect. It is maddening to the point I am ready to take up Best Buy on their holiday offer to exchange a working computer for a $100 off a new one (Non-Dell)! It can take 15 minutes to type 2 sentences. Other vendors have similar setups with their touch pads on laptops and this is not a problem for them.

I have a VOSTRO 3700. I have owned nothing but Dell laptops for more than 10yrs. This is the first time I am considering a change. We need a direct answer & resolution from Dell. My guess is  that it has to do with the Biometrics and Touchpad integration points. Since I use my machine at home, I am going to disable that utility and see what happens, otherwise, this machine is going to be part of Best Buys 2013 inventory...

3.8K Posts

May 30th, 2013 14:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                              

No Events found!