Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 16th, 2014 13:00

Vertical Lines in Dell Inspiron 15R (5521)

I recently posted a forum about this porblem and I private messaged the person who responded and he hasn't responded in over 9 days. I know that the LCD screen needs to be replaced and was wondering how much it would cost or if I could even do it myself. 

Another small problem is that my audio jack doesn't work properly. I accidentally torqued the audio jack when the cable was plugged in. Sound only plays through one earbud and it fades in and out. The speakers on the laptop still work perfectly fine. I know the audio jack is broken for a fact and was wondering how much this would also be to replace. 

The service tag for my laptop is:  Service tag removed per privacy policy>

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 16th, 2014 13:00

The screen will run between $100-150 depending on the resolution;  any computer shop can change it for an hour's labor charge.

on this model, the audio jack is part of the mainboard - which won't be cheap to replace (the CPU is soldered to the mainobard, so you'll have to replace it with the CPU).  If you need a headphone jack, consider adding an external USB sound device - it'll be far less espensive (maybe $30) than a board replacement ($200-300 plus labor).

No Events found!