Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 5th, 2013 09:00

Video Driver not working

I have a Dell Inspiron 15R 5521 Full HD ,Intel® CoreTM i7-3517U 1.90GHz, Ivy Bridge, 8GB, 1TB, AMD Radeon HD 8730M 2GB.

I installed a windows 7-64 bits ,I downloaded all drivers from here and after i saw  i don't have all of them i installed a program and he did the rest.

Problem is...When I log on the Desktop Windows Manager crash(APPCRASH) and so does Internet Explorer.

In Device Manager everything seems fine,the drivers looks ok,no update needed,but in reality...

Please Help me! 

5 Posts

March 6th, 2013 07:00

Can Anyione help me please?

1 Message

August 28th, 2013 00:00

Must be a problem with the video card driver.

Option 1 - Try uninstalling the old driver and install the new 13.4 version from the amd site.

Here's the link:  http://www2.ati.com/drivers/mobile/catalyst_mobility_64-bit_util.exe

Option 2 -If this doesn't work, bring up the windows search (windows button + q), and type in 'optional updates' and then select the settings tab on your right. You will see the 'Install optional updates' option on your left show up. Click on it, and then select - check for updates. After that's done select 'optional updates available' and check the update that says - "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2 - AMD Radeon HD 8730M" and install it. This worked for me. Hope it helps you!

Peace

No Events found!