Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 10th, 2015 14:00

Video won't wake up on Dell Precision M6600 Service Tag:

No matter what I do I cannot wake the laptop display after the PC goes to sleep. The rest of te laptop appears to be functioning properly and fan starts, lights go on etc but no video. I have the latest drivers through he Dell site and ran a diagnostic which showed no problems. Changed all options on the power section in control panel related to when and how long the laptop sleeps but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Now just turning it off when I'm done but it sure would be nice just to be able to wake it up. It's running Windows 7 64 bit. The first month I had it it worked just fine and woke up with no problems but not now. I'm a 2nd owner.

1 Message

December 18th, 2017 09:00

I have an Inspiron 3250 desktop that has a similar problem. The video works fine as long as the system doesn't go to sleep. When it wakes up the display is trashed. It started happening fairly recently.  It has integrated (Intel) graphics. A temporary fix is to never let the machine sleep. (Yes this will cost you on your electric bill!)  I suspect it can be fixed with a driver update but supposedly I have the latest. I'm going to post to Intel support too.  

No Events found!