Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 15th, 2012 05:00

Vostro 1700 RAM

Hi.

After a while, I decided to expand my vostro 1700 RAM. I found out I can expand it up to 4GB. So, I opened my laptop and found out that the ram was 1GB, but my system information told me that my laptop had 2GB. So, my question is: is there 1GB on the motherboard? I put on a 2GB ram and now my system information says the laptop has 3GB. How can I expand up to 4GB? I can't use a 4GB ram because it would be 5GB. How can I solve this?

Sorry for my bad english!

best regards...

3.8K Posts

October 15th, 2012 05:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. This system has two user-accessible slots for installing memory, one accessed from beneath the keyboard (DIMM A), and the other accessed from the bottom of the computer (DIMM B). The Vostro™ 1700 system supports dual-channel DDR2 SDRAM with a memory speed of 667 Mhz. The maximum memory on this system is 4 GB. Below is the link to remove the memory.

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Thank you.

3.8K Posts

October 15th, 2012 06:00

Hi,

That's most probably the LCD cable. To the right of the hinge is the Bluetooth Card.

Thank you.

October 15th, 2012 06:00

Well, thank you for your answer! Just another question: on the top of the keyboard I found out a small slot with a white plug... What is this useful for? Thanks again.
No Events found!