Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 3rd, 2011 18:00

Vostro 3350 ATI 6490m 1366x768 Full Screen problem

Hi all!

I have just bought a Vostro 3350 notebook with a Radeon HD 6490m dedicated video card in it, my problem is the following:

If the ATI driver is installed, in games like World of Warcraft or Crysis, the Full Screen native 1366x768 resolution is not working properly, there is a black line on the right side of the screen, and it seems like the cursor is not able to recognise the objects on their relative place (shifted to the right)

If I uninstall the ATI driver and going with the Intel HD integrated card, 1366x768 with Full Screen working everywhere!

Did anybody experience similar issue like that with Vostro 3350?

Thanks in advance for the answers!

Best Regards,

Corran

6 Posts

July 4th, 2011 01:00

Have you tried switching between full screen and windowed modes while in a game?

Also, try pressing ALT + ENTER combo when in a game and see if this can push it to cover whole screen.

ATI CCC (Catalyst Control Center) is supposed to have "GPU scaling" option that also might have helped here, but our's Vostro 3350 crippled CCC does not have it. Here's how it supposed to look:

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1239/cccpr.jpg

BTW, there is also Vostro 3350 graphics woes thread on Dell's IdeaStorm where you can add your voice too:

www.ideastorm.com/ideaView

2 Posts

July 4th, 2011 03:00

Yes I tried switching, if I choose Windowed (Fullscreen) option, it's all good, only the pure Fullscreen cause this problem!

However ALT + ENTER combo solves this problem, but tbh not totally satisfied with this workaround as it has to be set every time I want to work with something in Fullscreen mode!

Did anybody who owns a same system experience a problem like that?

(worried that this is a hardware problem and wondering if I should send back to the vendor)

Thanks in advance,

Corran

6 Posts

July 4th, 2011 04:00

I haven't been gaming on my Vostro 3350 lately, and when not traveling I use external screen anyway, but I am pretty sure that is not related to hardware malfunction, otherwise Alt + Enter would not have worked, and if you Google for keywords of your problem you will see that this is not an unheard of issue on both desktops and laptops.

1 Message

August 28th, 2011 06:00

I have a similar problem with my Dell 3350 when entering full screen mode for example on YouTube. There is about 1cm black band on the right side of the screen and the mouse does not align with graphics. This happens only in Chrome browser. In MS IE 9 it works fine. I suspect the same explanation as you have proposed, on Chrome the flash player is configured to work with ATI graphics while on IE the flash player works in low performance mode.

Please let me know if you have manged to resolve this.

Elkana

1 Message

August 25th, 2012 11:00

Hi

I have similar problem with my vostro 3350 -> Configuration: Intel i3 2310M, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6490, Hitachi HTS723232A7A364, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.  System have fabric configuration and drivers. Can anyone resolve this problem ?

1 Message

September 16th, 2012 07:00

Same problem here. Can we have some support for that?

No Events found!