Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 5th, 2011 18:00

Vostro 3450 and 3350 BIOS

Hi,

I have 2 brand new Vostro laptops here. I see that these laptops have the Intel HM67 chipset, so I want to upgrade the CPU to Intel 2820QM in both.

Is the BIOS in these models limited to DUAL core? Because the Chipset HM67 is Quad-core ready.

Thanks guys..!

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 6th, 2011 09:00

No, there's not - Dell does not support other than what ships with the system.  Upgrades aren't supported, so you're on your own.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 5th, 2011 18:00

Doesn't matter what the chipset supports - it's what the mainboards support.  Unless the system is available with quad-core CPUs as options, don't even consider it.  Even if the option exists, there is also the possibility that quad-core systems come with a different system board than dual-core.

24 Posts

August 6th, 2011 09:00

Ok, but I want to know more certainly what CPU's the system boards support, because when I tried to base my guesses in the notebooks specifications page (just before customize it) and in the custimozation wizard I saw that the availble options for CPU may change week by week.. So, is there any place where I can read the system board specifications for my laptops?

Thanks in advance,

GON

No Events found!