Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 7th, 2010 09:00

Vostro 3700 no wifi after BIOS update

Hey!

I had some troubles with my BT Mouse from Microsoft so I decided to update BIOS. Now not only my mouse still doesn't get detected under Windows 7 but also wifi stopped working (cannot detect my home WLAN neither under Win7 nor under Ubuntu 10.04). In addition the diod next to keyboard informing about wifi status is off. The switch turning off BT and wifi is on and in BIOS both BT and wifi are enabled. Is there any way to work it around or to downgrade BIOS? I currently have A05 (form 01.07) and I tried to downgrade it to A04 (24.05) and A02 (20.04 afair) with no success.

Any ideas?

Bungi

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 7th, 2010 13:00

Check the BIOS setup (F2) to make sure the update didn't turn off the Wifi and/or bluetooth there.

4 Posts

August 8th, 2010 05:00

Check the BIOS setup (F2) to make sure the update didn't turn off the Wifi and/or bluetooth there.

(...) in BIOS both BT and wifi are enabled.

As I said previously, in BIOS everything is set right.

4 Posts

August 9th, 2010 03:00

Installing drivers helped to detect wifi under Win7 but still no connection under Linux :(

December 2nd, 2010 15:00

Installing drivers helped to detect wifi under Win7 but still no connection under Linux :(

Anybody can tell me what's the problem? Here is also the same case, The way does not work here.
No Events found!