Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 7th, 2017 23:00

Vostro 5460 battery not charging

Hi, 

A brief description of the problem im facing is that my dell vostro is not charging.

I have done some research and found out that after updating the BIOS, things should start working proper.

However, after when i tried to update my BIOS from Vostro 5460 244 C to Vostro 24-5460 755, an error message shows, saying ' Running on an unsupported system'.

I have tried to do whatever i can with my limited technical knowledge. Please help!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 8th, 2017 05:00

A BIOS update will not solve this problem.

First, check to see whether the AC adapter is recognized or shows unknown.  F2 at powerup.  If the adapter is unknown,

1.  Replace the adapter with a new, OEM Dell adapter.  If that doesn't solve the problem,

2.  Replace the DC power jack in the system.  If that doesn't solve the problem,

3.  Replace the mainboard.

Note:  the Vostro 2460 is a notebook.  The Vostro 24-5460, despite the similar model number, is an all-in-one desktop.  You need the BIOS for the NOTEBOOK, not the desktop.  The latest one is A05

www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

However, if the AC adapter is unrecognized, the BIOS WILL NOT flash and updating the BIOS WILL NOT solve the problem.

No Events found!