Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 29th, 2012 22:00

Vostro V13 battery cable release clip broken

Hi all,

My battery cable release clip for my Vostro v13 broke off and I can't see to find a replacement part online. The part is on step 5 of

Does anyone got any advice or a place where I can buy it?

Thanks,

Ryan 

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

June 30th, 2012 02:00

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to the Community,

Try this website : www.parts-people.com

Thank You

29 Posts

July 3rd, 2012 20:00

Thanks Roshan, unfortunately they don't have it either. They said to check for ebay for broken motherboards but haven't found any there. I've chatted with Dell sales and they said that they can only sell a new motherboard. I'd really love to just to find a non working motherboard and just take it from there instead of buying a whole new one.

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

July 4th, 2012 04:00

It would be difficult to find a non working motherboard.Probably you can check with local repair shops and see if they can help you find that connector.

1 Message

August 4th, 2016 21:00

Yeah, that is a problem if the latch or bracket that holds the battery ribbon connector to the 

motherboard is broken which happens with older machines. I'm not sure if this connector latch

puts that much pressure on the ribbon cable to begin with because if you look at the motherboard

connector the metal contacts are way in the back and not below where the latch would squeeze the

ribbon so it looks as if you should be able to use clear tape and tape in the piece of latch that you have

to the connector and also put a big piece of clear tape on the ribbon connector to keep it from moving.

And, of course, you should boot up the machine, test it, then test it again. If you have charging then you

can safely say that the repair works. If the latch must put pressure on the ribbon in order to make a 

good connection then you have to purchase a used broken board off Ebay and carefully remove the

connector and install it on your board__but, since this is 2016 and a used or refurbished core duo

1.3GHz board will cost about $25 with free shipping you might just as well replace the whole board

with a refurbished or used board. A broken board will cost you about $15 so look at the cost differential

and then decide. Replacing the MB on the V13 is really easy and there are lots of videos on the Net!

The V13 and Lat 13 were really good machines then you have the V130 and V131 but I still think the

V13 should have been fitted with a Quad Core and lots of Ram and maybe a NVidia Cross-Fire

Graphics chip and voila you should have the Adamo? No? Me? I'm still using the Dell Inspiron 300m(

( X300 ) with the little 1.4GHz Centrino clicking away thinking about if I could only install a SnapDragon 

Quad Core or one of those MediaTek's OctoCores! Ha Ha Ha

No Events found!