BNS1968
1 Nickel

RE: We have a Dell Precision 3510 Laptop and no matter what was done we could not install an O/S from DVD or USB.

Jump to solution

Thank you, although we went with an alternative solution to BitLocker, this is valuable information going forward.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

RE: We have a Dell Precision 3510 Laptop and no matter what was done we could not install an O/S from DVD or USB.

Jump to solution

7 Pro (or 10 Pro) supports bitlocker just fine -- only 7 Home and 10 (non-pro) do not.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
BNS1968
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

From what I have seen and tried only Enterprise version(s) supports BitLocker.

Windows 7 — Enterprise or Ultimate edition

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

I forgot about that - it is supported by 8 Pro or 10 Pro, but requires 7 Ultimate  minimum.

0 Kudos
xxx-web
1 Copper

Jump to solution

yes maybe 😄

0 Kudos
BNS1968
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Nice and I just found a way to enable it without a TPM.

I would post the link but it is from another site, am I permitted to do that here? Some sites don't like that.