Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 9th, 2009 18:00

Webcam Fast Access Facial Recognition

The Fast Access doesn't appear to be too fast. At first it seemed to recognize me and log me in, but now not only does a take awhile to recognize me, it takes forever for the webcam to initialize. Much faster to just type in my password! After my last contact with Dell, I'm not sure there will be any support for this, since it's probably a "software issue" and therefore not covered by Dell's customer service, even though I've only had the laptop a couple weeks.

64 Posts

December 9th, 2009 18:00

Though not familiar with the fast access option my first thought would be to check your startup files.  Since you stated you only have a laptop a couple of weeks I'm thinking use have since added new programs that might be affecting your startup.  The like I said I'm not familiar with the fast access option it's just a thought.

211 Posts

December 10th, 2009 07:00

The speed of recognition should continue to improve with use, but the webcam initialization time is definitely worth taking a look at.

To start, what "security" mode are you running in?

What are you seeing on the video screen while the camera is initializing? Black? Color bars? A graphic of a webcam?

Are you just seeing the significant delay at login or are you also seeing it when you use the Web Login feature?

3 Posts

December 10th, 2009 14:00

Well, after my problems with Dell Data Safe Online yesterday, I uninstalled that program. Today the web cam initializes a lot faster. Before it would say it was unable to recognize, and then there was a graphic in the box then I think it said it was intitializing, and then it was activate, I would get the green box, etc. Now it is MUCH faster. Guess the data safe was causing the problem (my other post describes the problem with that)

No Events found!