Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 1st, 2014 22:00

Webcam Not Detected

The integrated webcam on my Latitude E6430 running Win 7 64-bit is not working. It is not visible under device manager and when I try to install the driver, it says 'Not Needed': 'no camera!'

It used to work fine, then suddenly stopped working a few days ago. AFAIK no updates or new software was installed.  

August 2nd, 2014 00:00

Hi talhaarshad,

Welcome to Dell community.

I understand it could be frustrating. Please try the following steps.

Please check under 'Imaging Devices' in 'Device Manager' and see if the Integrated webcam gets detected. To check webcam in 'Device Manager':

Press and hold the Windows key and press 'R' key. This will open the run window -> type 'devmgmt.msc' without the parenthesis, click on 'Ok' -> this will open the Device Manager window

• Under “Imaging Devices”, you will find the 'Webcam' listed.
  • Right click and uninstall. 
  • Restart and see if it makes any difference. 

If issue persists, you may uninstall the USB root hubs from Device manager and check if it makes any difference. To uninstall USB Root Hubs:

• Expand ‘Universal Serial Bus controllers’
  • From the list, look for ‘USB Root Hub’
  • Right click, choose ‘Uninstall’, choose ‘Ok’
  • Uninstall all ‘USB Root Hub’ listed
  • Wait for all the drivers to get uninstalled
  • Restarted the computer
  • Restarting the computer will install ‘USB Root Hub’s automatically on the computer

If there is an issue with loose webcam cable, you may press the area near webcam and see if it makes any difference. 

If the above steps does not resolve the issue then it might be issue with the webcam and may have to be replaced. Let me know if your system is under warranty.

If the warranty has expired, then you may get in touch with our Out of Warranty dept. Here is the link http://dell.to/UROXu3 (applicable for USA only). If you live in a different country, then click on the link http://dell.to/1ndsizd -> choose -> Contact Us on the top left hand sideChoose the country you currently reside in to get the contact information.

Please share the findings. Also, share the exact system model and the operating system installed on your computer.

August 2nd, 2014 10:00

Reinstalling USB Root Hub solved it, thanks!

August 4th, 2014 23:00

Hi talhaarshad,

Awesome, glad to know that the issue has been resolved. If you have any further queries please feel free to reach out to us.

No Events found!