Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 1st, 2012 03:00

Webcam and Facial Recognition (in my factory build - downloads), need to update?

Hello,

I'm up to the very last 2 things I need to install after having manually clean installed Windows and drivers on my L502x (WEBCAM and FAST FACIAL REGOGNITION).

FIRST : WEBCAM.

I have downloaded the latest R277344 Quanta H264 integrate webcam 1.0.1404.1005 A00 driver for the webcam L502x.

When I go to the Dell webpage and login to where I can download my factory installed software there are 2 things listed for the webcam:

V2.00.35 dated 8/23/2010 and V2.00.44 dated 7/1/11, do I need both of these or is the more recent dated one an upgrade?

Once I download that is there anything more I need to download? 

SECOND : FAST FACIAL RECOGNITION

I don't think I have installed a driver for this, do I need to?, if so what is it called?

Finally when I download Fast Facial Recognition in my factory installed downloads from the Dell website is that all I need, do I download anything else?

Thank-You

1 Rookie

• 

122 Posts

February 1st, 2012 04:00

Hi Rick,

Yes I downloaded the Quanta driver when I downloaded all my drivers....

I have not yet downloaded Dell Webcam as I wanted to make sure I was downloading the correct thing and wasn't missing anything else I needed for it....

OK so I will also download Fast Facial Recognition, if I understand correctly I do not need to download a driver for it, just the download in my account factory software download?....

Thanks again

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 1st, 2012 04:00

bomber1978,

The Quanta drivers are for your webcam and need installed.

Using Internet Explorer, go to My Dell Downloads :: Login Use tha same email address and password you use here. Click on add system, unless you have done this already. Download the latest version of Dell Webcam Central, that's all that is needed. I have 2.00.46 installed.

Fast Access Facial Recognition is the software that recognizes your face to log in to the computer and it also has a browser plugin so you can also log into websites. When you have this installed, I recommend that ONLY you log in to your account. If other people need to use your computer, have a guest account or set up an account for them. Fast Access will update automatically if it needs updated.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 1st, 2012 05:00

bomber1978,

After the Quanta drivers are installed, Fast Access should work with no problems. It all depends on what you want with Dell Webcam Central. I think some versions do NOT have an avatar creator, so if that doesn't matter, installing the latest version may not have that.

I would have just Restoring Your Computer´s Software to the Factory Settings and everything would have been installed a few days ago. You could then remove what you didn't want installed.

I have already made the Windows 7 - IMPORTANT Windows 7 Backup Disks to create and then used Restoring Your Dell Computer to Original Factory Installation with Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 Since you are working on a clean installation, Dell DataSafe™ Local Backup would have to be installed if you wanted to make the disks.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

bomber1978,

The Quanta Drivers are all in that package. I usually use the word drivers instead of driver. I never know if there is more than one instde the package and it doesn't sound right.

Rick

1 Rookie

• 

122 Posts

Hey Rick,

When you say Quanta drivers do you mean more than 1?

I have this installed : R277344 Input: Quanta H.264 integrate webcam, v.1.0.1404.1005, A00

Is that the only driver I need? It's the only one I can see under XPS 15 drivers.........

Yeah I have the factory BackUp X3DVD's I made very first thing when I switched on the very first time, but I kind of used a clean install to learn some detail about how things work haha

1 Rookie

• 

122 Posts

February 2nd, 2012 00:00

Hello,

In my factory installed "downloads" on my Dell account page the latest version of Dell Webcam Central is 2.00.44, and the latest Fast Access Facial Recognition is 3.0.085.

Where can I download the most recent versions?

Thank-You

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 2nd, 2012 01:00

bomber1978,

Fast Access will automatically update, if there are updates.

Dell Webcam Central, click on the ?

Then check for software updates.

Rick

1 Rookie

• 

122 Posts

February 2nd, 2012 03:00

Thanks,

I have downloaded Fast Access Facial Recognition, and Webcam.

Both are working, however when Fast Facial Access Recognition tried to automatically update it showed an error saying "Unable to extract".

When I clicked on the "?" for Webcam and "check for software updates" I got the error:

ActiveX control failed to load! -- Please check browser security settings or ensure that you have administrator rights.

ActiveX control failed to load! -- Please check browser security settings or ensure that you have administrator rights. ActiveX control failed to load! -- Please check browser security settings or ensure that you have administrator rights.

Please set any installed pop-up blockers to allow pop-ups from this site in order to use the AutoUpdate service.

I guess this must be McAfee blocking updates?, I can't figure out which part to disable........

1 Rookie

• 

122 Posts

February 2nd, 2012 03:00

OK Facial Recognition has successfuly updated, but clicking the "?" on Webcam and "check for software update" is still giving the notice "Active X control failed to load".

How do I resolve this?

Thank-You

1 Rookie

• 

122 Posts

February 2nd, 2012 04:00

OK both are successfully updated....

Thanks again Rick.

35 Posts

February 2nd, 2012 05:00

FastAccess version 2 will automatically update as far as 2.4.97. The move to version 3 is a paid upgrade. If you already have 3.0.85 (or any other version 3) then it should automatically update to the current version which is 3.1.82.

1 Rookie

• 

122 Posts

February 2nd, 2012 05:00

Yep all is OK, thanks guys.

No Events found!