Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

2 Posts

September 23rd, 2008 13:00

Weird OTF Font issue with E6400

Using the NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M which i believe is the issue, I cannot open OTF fonts. This has been an issue with other Dell laptops and the fix was to roll back to older versions of the display driver. However being such a new laptop there is only 1 video driver. Please help.

8 Posts

September 26th, 2008 21:00

Exact same problem here.  And, it is preventing me from installing or opening OT or Poscript Type 1 fonts.  For us, this is a huge problem as these particular fonts are company standard.

Dell, we need a fix for this ASAP!

December 3rd, 2008 15:00

I found the driver that solves the "otf" problem on Quadro FX 2400 on my M6400 thanks to the quick and helpful response of the Greek DELL support.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/ForceWare-174.93-XP-(32-bit)-download-1901.html

Hope this will help you too....

Friendly Nikos

4 Posts

January 19th, 2009 14:00

My Latitude E6400 has the NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M installed and this is not listed on the link from the Greek Dell suport; still have this big problem as I need to install OTF fonds as it is my company's specific font-style

I have no idea how to solve, and noone seems to be able to solve this issue.

Please help!!

Many thanks for coming back to me!

Flobehr

4 Posts

January 19th, 2009 15:00

Found a solution that definately helped on my Latitude E6400 with NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M and Windows XP from any other Post in one of these Forums:

Open the registry editor (START, RUN and type regedit and click OK)

Navigate to the following key - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager\MemoryManagement

Add a new REG_DWORD Value - Change the name of the value to SessionImageSize with a value (decimal) of 20  and then reboot the machine. 

You will now be able to install your type 1 fonts and have the latest proper video driver as well.

Worked perfect and I'm very tankfull to Sandy who posted this solution

Best regards

Flobehr

No Events found!