Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 8th, 2011 09:00

What is this part? and how do I purchase one? Studio 1535

I recently replaced the back my screen(due to the hinge cracking it) and recently lost the black connection piece behind my keyboard. It holds the strip to the sound bar cover down.

The laptop is a Studio 1535. I circled the part below. I just need the black connector thing that goes inside the connection.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 8th, 2011 09:00

It's not a separately-available part.  Cheapest option:  look on EBay for someone selling a dead mainboard and salvage that part.  Otherwise, the only way to get one is with a new mainboard.

3 Posts

August 8th, 2011 19:00

I just need the black part, the white connector is still there, the black part just holds the strip down, otherwise it moves around freely.

56 Posts

August 9th, 2011 06:00

does this one tighten the connection or completly cover it? If it just tighens it you could try applying a couple layers of tape to the blue part of the cable to make it thicker.

3 Posts

August 9th, 2011 08:00

All it does its clamp down the strip to the white part. What kind of tape would I use in this instance?

56 Posts

August 9th, 2011 19:00

if it covers the entires cable end your best bet is getting a bad motherboard with that part still on it.

cgi.ebay.com/.../280670887310

tape doesnt work well in that situation.

if the cable fits into a slot, and all the plastic piece does is provide tension to hold it in the slot, e few pieces of clear tape to make the cable thicker may work.  

No Events found!