Highlighted
Kcousino
1 Copper

What part for M1330 to enable 3g wireless?

I have a Dell M1330 that lookslike it can be upgraded to a wireless 3g connection (There is a sim card slot near the battery slot...)  I understand that once I install the minipcie card that I will still need a appropriate wireless sim card and account to access the 3g.  Also, if there is a choice, I would prefer to use an ATT wireless account with the above said 3g connection.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
7- Thorium

Re: What part for M1330 to enable 3g wireless?

Sim card does not a 3G make.  The Cellular Radio that the antenna attaches to as well as the 3G service are also required.  

AT&T vs others is based on a SIM card and Radio and GPRS instead of CDMA and its on different channels.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
ieee488
5 Iridium

Sim card does not a 3G make.  The Cellular Radio that the antenna attaches to as well as the 3G service are also required.  

And the WWAN hardware which must be specifically added at time of purchase is also required.

0 Kudos
Kcousino
1 Copper

Was I not clear?  I expressly pointed out exactly what you just said here:  I understand that once I install the minipcie card that I will still need a appropriate wireless sim card and account to access the 3g.  So again, what I need is the part number for the Minipciexpress card that has the wireless radio on it...

0 Kudos
Kcousino
1 Copper

If you don't know said part number, how is repeating what I typed helpfull in any way?

0 Kudos