Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 6th, 2011 11:00

What part for M1330 to enable 3g wireless?

I have a Dell M1330 that lookslike it can be upgraded to a wireless 3g connection (There is a sim card slot near the battery slot...)  I understand that once I install the minipcie card that I will still need a appropriate wireless sim card and account to access the 3g.  Also, if there is a choice, I would prefer to use an ATT wireless account with the above said 3g connection.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

December 6th, 2011 14:00

Sim card does not a 3G make.  The Cellular Radio that the antenna attaches to as well as the 3G service are also required.  

AT&T vs others is based on a SIM card and Radio and GPRS instead of CDMA and its on different channels.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

December 6th, 2011 16:00

Sim card does not a 3G make.  The Cellular Radio that the antenna attaches to as well as the 3G service are also required.  

And the WWAN hardware which must be specifically added at time of purchase is also required.

3 Posts

December 7th, 2011 04:00

Was I not clear?  I expressly pointed out exactly what you just said here:  I understand that once I install the minipcie card that I will still need a appropriate wireless sim card and account to access the 3g.  So again, what I need is the part number for the Minipciexpress card that has the wireless radio on it...

3 Posts

December 7th, 2011 04:00

If you don't know said part number, how is repeating what I typed helpfull in any way?

No Events found!