Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 15th, 2013 05:00

When Starting/shutting windows 7 a flash(black screen) and not in sync with startup sound

Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me out When booting up windows 7 before the login screen the screen will flash(black) like a second and the windows start up sound is not in sync like it starts pretty low volume then turns loud during halfway of the sound. Then if I was shutting down windows 7 the screen by pressing "Shutting down" the screen will blink(black for a second) then show "Shutting down". I would appreciate if anyone could help out.

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

June 15th, 2013 05:00

Hi Gary8234,

Please run diagnostics to confirm hardware functionality. Here are the steps:

• Restart the system and immediately start tapping the 'F12' key to enter the 'Boot Menu'.
  • Use the 'Down Arrow' key to highlight the 'Diagnostics' option. Press the 'Enter' key.
  • The diagnostics will begin. Please note the exact error message/code, if any appears on the screen.

Also, try draining the residual charge from the system and check if that makes any difference. Here are the steps:

• Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer including the battery and AC Adapter.
  • Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and the adapter. Try to restart the computer and check functionality.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

4 Posts

June 16th, 2013 03:00

Hello I don't think its the hardware but more to do with Windows 7 because sometimes when I'm starting up windows 7 and updates finish continue installing, the start up sound plays normal. I'm not sure about the screen flash as I think its more the graphics card either intel or nvidia

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

June 18th, 2013 13:00

Hi Gary8234,

Thank you for sharing the information. Please share the diagnostic results as well, this will help us identify if there is hardware failure occurring or not. Also, please share if the screen goes black when it flash or if there is distorted display.

Please reply with the information, will take it further from there.

No Events found!