Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 22nd, 2009 12:00

White vertical Band on Display of Vostro 1500

Hi all,

I have a problem wich starts by sitting on my laptop ;-)

After this accident, there is a permanent white band on my screen. I have remove the display panel to look whether there is an connection not in the place where it should be, but i have not find anything.

So my question is, could it be a broken cable (tft display cable maybe) or is it panel, wich is unrepairable. How could i find out?

Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand what i mean ;-)

thanks for your help, Sven

107 Posts

October 22nd, 2009 13:00

it is the LCD...what you need is the LCD "KIT"...Is your notebook under warranty...DON'T TELL THEM YOU SAT ON IT.

October 22nd, 2009 14:00

Hi,

thank you for your fast reply. my warranty had expired two month ago, elsewhere i would have contacted the support for it.
But what is the LCD "KIT"?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

October 22nd, 2009 16:00

The kit is the LCD panel, cable and inverter - which is what you'll need to replace to fix the system.

October 23rd, 2009 02:00

Hey, thank you for your help. I could not believe that i must buy something for 250 Euro or something like that. I had hoped that only the cable or inverter must be changed, because the Display itself seems to be allright, accept this white band.

Anyway, i have not the money for this, so i must live with a 1-2 cm white horizontal band on my laptop screen. But thank you all for your help...

107 Posts

October 23rd, 2009 20:00

Try to find someone with the same model that the display is good and the mainboard bad, usually computer swap meets, craigs list, ebay ..etc  sounds like you are in Europe somewhere so those may be different in your area,

No Events found!