Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

P

7 Posts

February 9th, 2004 14:00

Who's succeeded in getting colour output to a SECAM TV?

That's right ladies and gentlemen, We seek 'em here and we seek 'em there, and we seek black and white answers to a black and white problem.

I'm living in France where we have SECAM televisions. I have a laptop that I bought in Australia. When I output the graphics signal to a TV I can only choose between the PAL/NTSC standards which then give me a b&w picture. Has anyone succeeded in getting colour?

I'm using the latest graphics driver from Intel, the latest bios from Dell and a s-video to s-video cable.

Do we have to wait until Intel or Dell provide some graphics software that includes a SECAM output signal?

20 Posts

February 9th, 2004 19:00

J'ai pas réussi non plus... (mais en Suisse). Ta télévision a une fiche S-Video en entrée ?

7 Posts

February 9th, 2004 20:00

Oui, la télévision a un sortie s-video. D'abord j'ai acheté un câble s-video/peritel mais c'étais avec une vieille télévision et ça marché pas - juste noir et blanc. Puis j'achetais une télévision d'occasion avec s-video et un cordon s-video/s-video. J'avais eu les bonnes espoirs mais c'étais la même histoire - n&b encore.

But tell me, do you have an Intel graphics chip like the 82845 G/GL...etc? I do and I have the latest driver for it as well but it doesn't work. To me the answer seems obvious, there's no support for the SECAM standard. The Intel software - Intel(R) Extreme Graphics Controller only supports the PAL/NTSC standards. Maybe the Extreme stands for extremely irritating if you have a SECAM tv!

Anyway I've written to Intel and Dell asking about the support or lack of it for SECAM.

Dis moi, est-ce que tu connait les bon sites français pour chercher les réponses pour notre problem?

No Events found!