Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 5th, 2015 12:00

Why doesn't the XPS 13 9350 have automatic driver update detection like the 9343?

On my XPS 13 9343, if I go to the Dell Support page, there is a detect button which will inventory my driver versions and tell me what needs to be updates. On my 9350, that detect button does not exist. I have to manually look at each driver and hope that I can tell if I need an update. Will this be fixed?

November 10th, 2015 09:00

My XPS 13 (9350) has a tool installed called "Dell Command Update".  When I run it, it spends quite a while "Determining available updates" before reverting to "Warning: This application does not currently support your system model".

Just one of several examples I've seen in the last few days that suggest Dell have started selling this laptop too soon, before they're ready to support it.  (Just try asking Dell Pro Support about Thunderbolt 3 - they've no clue!)

May 16th, 2016 23:00

Did you get this resolved? I'm having the same issue and I don't know if some of these drivers need updated. I can do it manually but my XPS isn't automatically detecting which drivers to update.

No Events found!