Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 3rd, 2014 00:00

Why won't my Dell Inspiron 3521 integrated webcam work?

I bought my laptop, which is a Dell Inspiron 3521, about a year ago. I've never had the need to see if my integrated webcam worked, because I've never had a reason to use it, however I do need to use it now. I've spent hour searching through posts/forums trying to find an issue that would cause my webcam to not work, but I haven't anything yet. I've checked under "Manage Devices" , but there's not even a file/folder for "Imaging Devices"...if that's the problem, then how do I fix it? I'm getting really frustrated, because I don't understand, but if anyone could help me I would appreciate it! UPDATE: I've tried the download the drivers, but it says nothing is missing. And I've never installed anything before, my laptop does it on it's own, I just have to says if it's okay, which I've done. I done everything that was stated below, but I don't know how to work the Dell Quickset Application, but I did download it. And even in my guest accounts the webcam still doesn't show up or work. I'm stilling missing the "Imaging Devices."

2 Posts

April 3rd, 2014 02:00

Hi, 

Which OS is your Inspiron 3521. Maybe some driver is missing - download it from http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-15-3521/drivers

You can install first Dell QuickSet Application and check for missing driver.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 3rd, 2014 15:00

Tayceekr,

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct

Windows 7/8 is supposed to provide the webcam drivers for most Dell computers. If you system needs webcam drivers, go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag, then select your operating system. If your system needs webcam drivers, they'll be listed under Input.

(Windows 8)How to make the webcam work with help from this youtube. You have to open the Camera app first, and then click Settings on the charm bar to see where you can give the app permission to use the webcam.

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

You can try this file, also known as Dell Webcam Central.

Create a new unrestricted user account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If yes, log out and log back in to your account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If no, then the webcam became detached from the motherboard, usually near the webcam

Rick

No Events found!