Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 16th, 2016 13:00

Widen date/day/time area in taskbar system tray

On my XPS 15 (L502X) I'd like to widen the day and date area so that the day and date fit on one line. For instance, for today, I'd like it to display "Friday/09/16/2016." I have made this change in settings, and when I hover the mouse over that area, the display is correct. But because the display area isn't wide enough, it otherwise shows only the time. This works fine on my desktop PC--plenty of room there.

I don't want to increase the taskbar height. I want only to widen the day/time/date area to accommodate the day and date on one line.

So how do I widen the day and date area on my laptop? Thanks.

• 

16.7K Posts

September 19th, 2016 09:00

gogreen1,

You can click the link below for information changing the date and time display in Windows 7,

Windows 7: Date Format for Taskbar System Tray - Show Full Day and Month Names

39 Posts

September 19th, 2016 12:00

Thank you, Jesse L. When I bring up the region and language area, I do not have the option to change to the long date, or edit the short date. I am using Windows 10, Version 1607, OS Build 14393.187. This works fine on my desktop PC (Dell Studio XPS 8100). The laptop is the problem, as I mentioned.

• 

16.7K Posts

September 21st, 2016 06:00

gogreen1,

The only option that I have found is the one you presently have that shows when you hover over it., I have the same build and tried all options and also searched all over for changing.

39 Posts

September 21st, 2016 12:00

Thanks. I'm now using T-Clock.

No Events found!