Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 7th, 2015 09:00

Wifi switch not working Dell Precision M4800

i Bought a  dell precision m4800 it came it windows 8 i updated it and now my wifi switch is not working it does'nt turmn off and now i can't turn the bluetooth on as well, it says that you need to turn on the wireless hardware but it is already on

1 Message

May 27th, 2016 13:00

There is a small hardware switch on the right side of the machine, above the DVD door. When I slid it to the front, the wifi radio turned back on. Took an hour to find it, but all the help notes kept insisting the hardware switch was off.

• 

351 Posts

January 16th, 2015 02:00

Hi Shayashkar,

Have you checked first of all that the wireless switch is enabled on the right hand side? Also go in to the BIOS (F2 on startup) and check that the Wireless Switch is set to "ALL" and the Wireless Device Enable is set to "ALL"

If it is still not turning on, I'd suggest updating the Wireless Driver. Follow this link [View:] 

and choose Network and download the latest driver for your WLAN card. If you know the Service Tag enter that and it will list the drivers for your particular configuration. Let me know if the issue is resolved or if you are still having issues.

1 Message

August 8th, 2015 09:00

Hello Colin,

I'm writing to you because at the moment I'm having the same issue as Shayashkar. I've already tried what you suggested:

-Check in the bios -Updates driver WLAN card & BIOS - I've also replaced the wifi card with a spare i have at home

The problem is still here. I can see that after tunring on the switch, for a few second the wifi start to work, but after that it shut down again...

do you have any suggestions?

Thaks

Luca

1 Message

September 22nd, 2015 04:00

Hi There, 

I had this problem myself on M4800s at work. 

Basically, you need to go into device manager and find the Switch, Uninstall the driver (whilst deleting the stored driver) then re-install using the driver on the website.

December 28th, 2015 08:00

I would like to follow the link, but it is dead.  Would you be able to repost it please ?

No Events found!