Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 3rd, 2015 14:00

Will Dell send the factory image by mail or do I download it from the Dell site?

Thanks ejn63, your info was very helpful. I new I needed  to get factory image from Dell, I just didn't know If I could download it directly to the computer from Dell after I change the hard drive or do I have to down load the factory image from Dell to another operating computer and transfer it to the repaired computer by USB flash drive, or will they send me the factory image on a USB flash drive by mail? My computer is out of warranty, less than 2 yrs. old. I also didn't know what the cost was for the back up from Dell.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

January 3rd, 2015 22:00

Hi roadrunneroxford,

Currently there is no option to download the OEM operating system for Dell systems. If the hard drive is replaced you will need to perform fresh operating system installation as the factory image will not work on different hard drive and features.

Please private message the system service tag so that I can check and assist you further. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

No Events found!