Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 26th, 2015 06:00

Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 15R N5010

Has anybody upgraded from WIN 7 to 10 on that machine? Any problems occur? Everythig works fine? Stay with WIN 7 or go with WIN 10?

1 Message

August 4th, 2015 06:00

Everything works fine but bluetooth is not working

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 4th, 2015 07:00

What for? Any problems occured?

2 Posts

August 4th, 2015 12:00

Does the graphic driver works for u. or did u installed a new driver

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

August 4th, 2015 14:00

Everything works fine but bluetooth is not working

That's a Broadcom (Dell Wireless Card 365). Try the Broadcom Bluetooth Update:

http://www.broadcom.com/support/?gid=2

3 Posts

August 4th, 2015 17:00

"Has anybody upgraded from WIN 7 to 10 on that machine? Any problems occur? Everythig works fine? Stay with WIN 7 or go with WIN 10?"

I did the upgrade from Win 7 SP1 to Win 10 on my Inspiron 15 N5050 and have experienced no problems whatsoever. All of the drivers were upgraded by Microsoft during the upgrade. I was very hesitant about upgrading as I love Win 7, but when I learned I have two months to switch back to Win 7 I decided to try it out. I really like Win 10 so far. You have nothing to lose.

2 Posts

August 5th, 2015 03:00

Same here. I upgraded my N5010 from Win7 to Win10 and the bluetooth driver is not working.

No other problems so far.

3 Posts

August 5th, 2015 08:00

The graphic driver, all drivers so far, works fine. Prior to upgrading, I went on Dell's site to see what drivers I needed to update. I also had registered with Microsoft for the upgrade and they made updates as needed before the actual upgrade.

1 Message

August 5th, 2015 19:00

Upgraded today through the media creation tool. Went very smoothly, and once it booted, I loaded the .net 3.5 framework. Everything works beautifully! I'm not seeing anything for bluetooth, but not really looking har either. I don't use the bluetooth on the computer, and every time I loaded it up with Windows 7, it had to download, and reinstall the bluetooth drivers anyway.

34 Posts

August 6th, 2015 17:00

Yes. I had previously upgraded to Win 8.1 pro without issue. Recently upgraded to Win10 Pro, again without issue.

11 Posts

August 8th, 2015 06:00

I upgraded my Inspiron N5010 to Windows 10.  I did not find any problem with wireless however, it has removed the Broadcom virtual network adapter and placed its own driver which appears to be compatible.  However, the scroll function of the synaptic touch pad is not working.  Even after trying to reload the driver, the driver is removed immediate on restart.

The Windows 10 does not appear to be as fast as being cried about.  It takes about 4 minutes to start whereas the windows 7 on my laptop used to start within 2 minutes.  Similarly the new browser also finds itself lost many a times in locating the gmail address.  I have Opera also installed on my laptop.  Opera very quickly reaches to gmail.  I am yet to face more problem.  But the immediate experience is not in favour of windows 10.

I have upgraded with the Old windows still there.

11 Posts

August 8th, 2015 06:00

In continuation to my earlier post I would also like to write that on upgradation( from windows 7 to windows 10 on lmy Inspiron N5010) does not show any where that this copy of the Windows 10 is activated.  Will this create any problem in future?  My system did not have any blue tooth driver installed earlier. I had to use one USB adapter which still works.

2 Posts

August 12th, 2015 06:00

BLUETOOTH IS WORKING!! (Inspirion 15r 5537)

I just update the drivers. At first, Bluetooth was not working here. Then I went to Dell Support using IE and asked to check my drivers (diagnostic tool that they have in there..).  I needed to upgrade two drivers(one was the chipset driver and the other I don't remember) and now my Bluetooth mouse is working fine!

BUT I still have problems to watch videos in full screen. Sometimes the screen starts to flick.... It get fuzzy.... I don't know why yet. But I hope that it will be fixed soon by Dell.

1 Message

August 13th, 2015 01:00

Everything is working fine.

for bluetooth once extract bluetooth 365 driver go to c folder then in dell/ drivers then locate the bluetooth folder & locate bluetooth . exe file name .inst & install it . you will see bluetooth will work again.

no need to install any drivers other then bluetooth. for graphics driver you may need update from amd website.

1 Message

August 13th, 2015 18:00

ksproboszcz

It worked for you ?

2 Posts

August 15th, 2015 14:00

Nope.

I already installed both graphics drivers from dell's website and a update from AMD.  The flick thing still happening with videos in fullscreen.

And I just realized that if the "video" is a static image with or without a sound, it works fine. But if the video has some movement, the flick thing starts to happen again.

Any idea?

No Events found!