Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 25th, 2017 07:00

Windows 10 problem

After installing windows 10 in my laptop 'inspiration 3442' my touchpad isn't working and video isn't playing smoothly. Plz tell me what can i do now?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 25th, 2017 21:00

:emotion-2:

Please change Operating System to windows 10 in the link below, expand Mouse, Keyboard & Input Devices, and then install touchpad driver. After, install the Video drivers as well.  

Support for Inspiron 3442 | Drivers & downloads | Dell US

and the link below might be of use to you as well.

How to reinstall drivers in the correct order | Dell US

1 Message

July 25th, 2017 23:00

Are your drivers up to date?

6 Posts

July 26th, 2017 04:00

But it is saying, "your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements "

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 26th, 2017 07:00

You click " Change OS " in link above, and then select either windows 10, 64bits or 32bits - see image below)?  

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 26th, 2017 07:00

If yes, please enter the service tag number (or use Detect Product} onto the link below , then download the touchpad and video drivers one at a time.

www.dell.com/.../

6 Posts

July 26th, 2017 08:00

i have done all those things but video driver and touchpad driver isn't installing.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 26th, 2017 09:00

If you're able to see the drivers, right click on each one of them and select update. If anyway possible, please provide an image of device manager with Display adapters and Mice and other pointed devices expanded.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 26th, 2017 09:00

Type device manager onto [Cortana] search box, stroll down to Mice And Other Pointing devices and then expand it. Please check and see if Dell touchpad and PS / 2 Compatible Mouse are listed. Expand Display Adapters (Video) as well. Intel HD Graphics and nVIDIA Graphics driver should be listed.  

Dell Inspiron 3543:

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 26th, 2017 10:00

Lastly,

Please type Windows Mobility Center onto the search box, and check if touchpad is turn on:

6 Posts

July 26th, 2017 12:00

In my device manager there is ' microsoft basic display adapter' in display adapter and 'in mice and other pointing devices there is only ' HID -compliant mouse'

in windows mobility center there is no touchpad option found.

6 Posts

July 26th, 2017 12:00

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 27th, 2017 20:00

Deleted....

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 28th, 2017 07:00

Thanks for the information and image you provided for us to see. I have a few suggestions you could try:

* Installing drivers through Windows Update - Type Setting onto [Cortana] search box, click Update And Security, and select "Check for Updates". Install any available updates and restart your PC if required. After, check if the drivers appears in device manager 

* Update System Setup(BIOS). Please click on link below to safety install latest BIOS version.

Update System Setup (BIOS) for a Dell Computer ... - …

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

After installing latest BIOS version, try to install touchpad driver from your Dell Product Support page. If the driver still doesn't install..... 

* Run the Guide Me option in your Dell Product Support page. The tool will automatically detect drivers (Chipset) for the system. Please follow instructions to run Guide Me option in link below.

How to Find Drivers and Update Them (Official Dell Tech ...

* Try installing drivers from a different browser or install / run driver in compatibility mode.

Compatibility Mode | Windows 10 Forums

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Lastly, if all troubleshooting failed...

* Run the diagnostic tool to check hardware on system. Report back any error code.

ePSA Pre-boot System Assessment (Official Dell Tech ...

No Events found!