Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

August 7th, 2015 13:00

Windows 10 upgrade resulted in SD Card reader not working on my Latitude E6430u

After upgrading to Windows 10 my SD card reader does not work.

Anyone else have this experience? Any solutions for this and I would be very grateful.

I tried to update all the drivers for Win 10 but do not know which one is for the SD Card reader.

Thanks,

tomwoc

1 Message

April 14th, 2016 08:00

Thank you, This worked for me.

I have a dell E6430 and could not get the sd card reader to work.  I installed various versions of the 02Micro driver to no avail.  I then came across this post and check port 6 under system devices,  and there it was, Device Disabled.  Click Enable and problem solved. 

1 Message

April 23rd, 2016 12:00

Thanks, Rohe!  Despite throwing a few errors during the install, the O2Micro driver brought my Studio 1558's card reader back to life under Windows 10.  NICE.

1 Message

May 12th, 2016 04:00

Hello ranran,

I found a solution for a Latitude E6520.

Download the newest Driver from Dell "Chipset_Driver_54WK9_WN_3.0.07.44_A04.EXE". It is Driver Version "2.2.1.7016". Link "www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails"

Then I extracted it and installed it with Setup.exe. Had some problems and copied manually the drivers from

"...program files\O2Micro\Oz600\Win8x64" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\O2Micro\Oz600"

Then  I switched ON "Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 6 - 1E1A " in the System Devices of the Device Manager.

Then I choosed manually the driver for my Other device "SMS-MAP" as Memory Controller->O2Micro->O2Micro Integrated MS/MSPRO Controller.

After restarting my SD-Card Slot is working.

Hope it works also for You!

Best regards

Werner

By manually choosing the driver for my

1 Message

July 5th, 2016 11:00

I was having the same issue after upgrading to 10 - i had a card in and went to control panel - device manager and right clicked it and uninstalled it - then i clicked top of hardware list and scan for hardware changes and now works again

22 Posts

July 6th, 2016 11:00

Hello Werner,

Thank you so much for you reply - and my apologies for not responding sooner, I had sort of given up, but was revisiting this topic after recently working on a Lenovo system's SD slot and getting it to work in Windows 10.

Anyway, regarding my e6520 - I looked over your solution, but can't seem to get it to work.

First, to verify, I am running an e6520 with i5 2520M processor.

Under System devices, the Device Manager shows, 'Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port" 1 through 4.  I think your chipset is different as it has extra ports while mine does not...

I identify under 'Other Devices' a 'MAP SMS/MMS' device that selecting 'Properties' and looking at 'location' states 'on Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator' and is supposedly working properly(?).

However, trying to manually update the driver to the one listed above and rebooting does not seem to work as the device fails to start.

So, not sure what else I can do, but I guess it's not a huge deal, as I love everything else about this laptop/Windows 10 and know it will easily last me several more years....

1 Message

July 23rd, 2016 01:00

Mine is Intel 6 ...... 1C1A , anyway, enabled it and works.

Thank God!

3 Posts

August 1st, 2016 10:00

I have an e5430 and we enable the port, however after restarting or shutting down, it switches back to disabled.

1 Message

August 10th, 2016 16:00

This worked for me although it was port 8. Nice! Thanks JaguarJX2.

1 Message

August 20th, 2016 12:00

Had this problem with a E5530. Solved in few minutes after installing the driver:

support.lenovo.com/.../ds039073

1 Message

August 28th, 2016 07:00

Hi William,

I had the same problem with a Latitude 6430u. Following your recommendation helped me to get my SD Card to work with the laptop.

Thanks a lot

Greetings from Germany

Siegfried

1 Message

August 28th, 2016 14:00

Okay guys,  I have struggled with this on and off for months ... I get the driver installed and working and a few weeks later .. it disappears ..   The fix for my E6520 (which I love) ... is a proper installation of the latest Intel Chipset drivers for the board itself..  After reading the blogs I used the Hardware Troubleshooter already knowing that I had drivers that worked in the past.  The troubleshooter saw that the Intel 6 Series C200 Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 6- !C1A was disabled.   Boom!...SD card operational again.... I now remember from months ago after the miserable Windows 10 Upgrade... that it pretty much installed Microsoft generic drivers across the board (pun intended) and left out specific chipset drivers for this Dell stack to operate properly. 

Hope this helps.!

Gary

3 Posts

September 18th, 2016 17:00

uncheck the option "Hide Empty drive" in the expolrer options , this solved my problem in my E6530

3 Posts

September 18th, 2016 17:00

Right click on Start Menu and chose Control Panel I Appearance and Personalisation I File Explorer options I View I uncheck "Hide Empty Drives"

4 Posts

October 5th, 2016 15:00

Hi. I have solution :-) I have Latitude E6530 and E6230. In Win 7 sd card reader work, but after update to win10 1511 was a problem. But the update of drivers help me.

Now I make upgrade to Win 10 1607 and same problem...sd card reader not working. But...

I try 4 hours update or install drivers for O2 from dell and from other webs, but this driver is not problem...

Problem is an old driver of motherboard, or chipset... Because WIN 10 ignore the card slot...it isnt problem with driver for O2...

So...

1. Uninstall from win 10 the driver for O2.

2. Download program Driver Booster 4 (free) and update drivers of chipset.

3. by updating the win 10 self install the driver for O2 card reader...

By me work it in booth Dell Latitude Exx30  (6530 + 6230). I have happy night :-)))))))

4 Posts

October 5th, 2016 15:00

Hi. I have solution :-) I have Latitude E6530 and E6230. In Win 7 sd card reader work, but after update to win10 1511 was a problem. But the update of drivers help me.

Now I make upgrade to Win 10 1607 and same problem...sd card reader not working. But...

I try 4 hours update or install drivers for O2 from dell and from other webs, but this driver is not problem...

Problem is an old driver of motherboard, or chipset... Because WIN 10 ignore the card slot...it isnt problem with driver for O2...

So...

1. Uninstall from win 10 the driver for O2.

2. Download program Driver Booster 4 (free) and update drivers of chipset.

3. by updating the win 10 self install the driver for O2 card reader...

By me work it in booth Dell Latitude Exx30  (6530 + 6230). I have happy night :-)))))))  

No Events found!