Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 2nd, 2010 23:00

Windows 7, Hardware Accelerator, XPS M1530, Direct3D

We have an XPS M1530 with Windows Vista and loved it. Recently our hard drive went bad and we order a new one and at the same time we order Windows 7 Home Premium. Almost everything run great. When we try to play Free Cell we get a message, "The game is running in software rendering mode. Hardware Acceleration is off or not compatible with video card." When we try to put up a screen saver we get, "Screen saver requires a newer video card or one that's compatible with Direct3D." What, if anything, can I do about these messages? When I order Windows 7 I asked if it was fully compatible with my system. I gave them the Service Tag and was told that it was fully compatible and there would be no problems and well, I consider those things problem. When we play games online, on Facebook for example, everything works fine. As my name says, I'm Lost in Kansas!

4 Operator

• 

5.2K Posts

June 3rd, 2010 09:00

What video do you have, 8400M, 8600M or Intel integrated? Did you upgrade the video driver to a Win 7 version?

Did you upgrade to Win 7 or did you do a clean install? If a clean install, did you install all the required drivers? This isn't necessary for an upgrade install.

June 3rd, 2010 10:00

It is a Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. So I would guess it is a Intel Integrated. I believe I did a clean install! I checked and it said that all the drivers were current drivers for my system.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

June 3rd, 2010 16:00

Standard VGA adapter means you're using a Windows default driver - you must install the correct video driver for your system.  Before you do, be sure you install the Dell notebook system software and the chipset driver.

June 3rd, 2010 22:00

When I put in my Service Tag to find the driver for my computer it gives me options for Vista 32-bit or 64-bit. Then when I select the Video Driver to download, I add it to my download list but the download manager says there is nothing to download.

June 4th, 2010 00:00

I went to Device Manager, Display Adapters, selected my video card (Standard VGA Graphics Adapter), clicked updated and it says the device is currently up to date. :emotion-9:

May 12th, 2013 04:00

iwent to devicemamager displayadaptersselectmyviedeocardvga graphicadaptor click update it says device is currenily update

No Events found!