Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 16th, 2016 23:00

Windows 7 cannot boot on Inspiron 15 7550

Hi,

I have problem with Windows 7 boot on my laptop Dell 15 7550
I added the usb 3.0 drivers to boot usb flashdisk, switched booting on Legasy mode and during instalation changed GPT HDD section to MBR ( used diskpart - clean). Instalation was OK bud if the computer booting for first time, the windows can not boot. Cursor is flashing for a moment and then reboot and over and over again.

The win10 in UEFI mode worked fine.

Could anyone help me with this, please?
Sorry for my english and thank you.

2K Posts

July 18th, 2016 07:00

Hi BECHMAN,

Was the system shipped with Win 10 OS? Are you using a Dell OEM Windows 7 OS media or a retail copy of the Win 7 OS with a retail product key? 

In BIOS - set the boot mode to Legacy, disable secure boot, enable load legacy oprom - save and exit.

Does the system boot into Windows at all or does it just restart after a blinking cursor in a cycle?

If you are using a retail copy of the OS, then boot off the OS media and go to command prompt and perform diskpart commands to clean the disk - http://bit.ly/29I3i5e , then restart the system and initiate the Windows 7 installation again.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Keep us updated.

No Events found!