Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 23rd, 2015 19:00

Windows 7 limited connection problem wireless

Hi.

I have this router TL-WR1043ND, when I connect my laptop from my work using my wireless, after 5 minutes or 10 minutes more or less I get this message "Limited Connection". I connect other laptop, cellphone, or device and I don’t get any error. In order to fix this temporally I restart my NIC or I use the fixing option from Microsoft, it says there was a problem with the DNS. After that I can surf for others 5 or 10 minutes and the problem returns. 

I have tried lots of tutorials from internet and youtube but I still have the issue. And this only happens with this laptop, in other wireless network I don’t get this issue, it only happens between my laptop and my own router. I have also tried to change the channel in the router, SID and other options but I can’t fix it. Any help would be greeting

I am using Windows 7 64 bits, my laptop is an DELL E5430

July 24th, 2015 00:00

Hi, 

Did you try a different network apart from work??

If you can , please try your home wireless network without the passkey .. 

I hope you did update the wireless drivers and disabled the power management option under wireless properties in device manager. 

How about in safemode with networking ??

Regards

2 Posts

July 24th, 2015 00:00

I have the same router and a Lat E6540 and got the same problem. The only thing that cured the problem was an upgrade from the router with OpenWRT. 

Although I am pretty sure it was not the router that was the problem but the combination of that router with the Intel wifi driver of the laptop seemed no match at all ...

Good luck.  

July 28th, 2015 18:00

Hi,

How is it going with your system??

Regards

3 Posts

July 29th, 2015 07:00

I still have the issue. I am going to try with linux to see if i still have the issue.  i will let you k now tomorrow

August 5th, 2015 23:00

Hi

How is it going with the system?

Regards

3 Posts

August 10th, 2015 16:00

It runs beautiful with linux back track, 2 hours and no problems. Windows 7, 5 min and it fails :(

No Events found!