Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 1st, 2012 05:00

Windows 8 WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software

Hi

Inspiron 15 Intel N5050

Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8.

Upgrade removed WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software.

Where can I get an updated version that is compatible with W8?

I have checked drivers and downloads and can only see two updates.

One is for the BIOS which was applied before the upgrade.

One is an Audio driver (Not found if you click to download!!!!!!)

Nothing for Bluetooth.

Thx

6 Posts

December 22nd, 2012 21:00

Dear Nakakuc4, i think i found the issue. :-)

When installing WIDCOMM software, its searching for btwrsupport.dll in C:\Windows\System32 which was missing, I dont know why that dll is missing.

So i just downloaded a sample dll from net. I used this link originaldll.com/.../24090.html

and pasted it in C:\Windows\System32  and C:\Windows\SysWOW64. After this i reinstalled BT software and it worked.

A big thanks to you all for taking so much time on this issue which motivated me to find the root cause.

Please pass this fix to our friends.

6 Posts

December 22nd, 2012 21:00

Dear Nakakuc4, i think i found the issue. :-)

When installing WIDCOMM software, its searching for btwrsupport.dll in C:\Windows\System32 which was missing, I dont know why that dll is missing.

So i just downloaded a sample dll from net. I used this link originaldll.com/.../24090.html

and pasted it in C:\Windows\System32  and C:\Windows\SysWOW64. After this i reinstalled BT software and it worked.

A big thanks to you all for taking so much time on this issue which motivated me to find the root cause.

Please pass this fix to our friends.

2 Posts

January 10th, 2013 18:00

Hi Guys.

DELL VOSTRO 3400

It seems to be a general problem here as i am facing same thing as well, i have a problem finding a compatible Bluetooth driver for my  Dell Vostro 3400 Notebook, after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8pro successfully

On the process while upgrading to W8 it says i should uninstall the WIDCOMM Bluetooth  that its not compatible to W8 am about to install which i did, and then i' ve been trying to replace the Bluetooth device back, not succeeding, with my search all i can see is for W7, 32/64 bits.

Where can I get an updated version that is compatible with W8?

i want to know if there is anyone who have had same issue with same notebook i use.

i'd be greatful to see ur reply.

Thx.

6 Posts

January 10th, 2013 18:00

Hi Micky...

Please check whether you have this file btwrsupport.dll in C:\Windows\System32 or in C:\Windows\SysWOW64. 

2 Posts

January 10th, 2013 19:00

Hi Aravind ...

i have just checked but i didn't see the exact  file  btwrsupport.dll in my C;Window; System32. .....could iit be the probelm?

6 Posts

January 11th, 2013 06:00

Yes, that's an issue. Download a sample dll from net.

I used this link originaldll.com/.../24090.html and paste it in C:\Windows\System32  and C:\Windows\SysWOW64. After this, reinstall BT software.

1 Rookie

• 

104 Posts

January 31st, 2013 15:00

Me too I'm stuck at the same place as you and me I'm in windows 7 :(

I don't really understand, but whatever...

1 Message

March 9th, 2013 03:00

Arvind, even I am having exactly the same problem and still not found any solution.

Pls help!!

Thanks

Simran

March 30th, 2013 11:00

i have inspiron 1122 would you plzz help me how i installed this driver in my laptop

1 Rookie

• 

21 Posts

June 16th, 2013 09:00

Help I have one Studio XPS 13 with this Problem Bluetooth Card 370 and windows 8 Have you one solution? Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

21 Posts

June 17th, 2013 11:00

J have the Solution found with Driver for 380 Card and Update with Brodcomm Software.

Thanks

4 Posts

November 29th, 2013 13:00

Hi,

I am using Studio XPS 1647, i recently upgraded to windows 8 and now i am facing issues with installing WIDCOMM Bluetooth which i had to uninstall during the upgrade. Can you tell me how can i get this installed?

1 Message

February 14th, 2014 12:00

I am having the same issue but with an Inspirion 3521.  I've updated drivers twice via dell support chat.  Neither of these were able to install and run properly.  Another call to support got them to send a technician with a new network card.  I did not think it had anything to do with the card, as it had worked perfectly with windows 8.  Problem began after 8.1 update.  I was right, the new card changed nothing, and of course since the tech was sent to me to replace the card, not to actually remedy the problem, he left without being ANY help at all.  Now I am tired of spending time with support, would like to fix myself.  So far i have spent at least 30-40 hours trying to get my new laptop to connect to my phone, keyboard, mouse, printers via bluetooth.  Thanks windows 8.1!  Sorry for whining, I just had to vent, this is very annoying.  Any help would be most appreciated.  

Thanks, David Kea

4 Posts

February 14th, 2014 14:00

If you have the Dell Wireless 1705 card, then I think I found the right driver for you: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/inspiron-11-3137?driverId=5KRT8&osCode=WB64A&fileId=3336280365&languageCode=EN&categoryId=NI The problem is that the drivers listed haven't been updated to work with 8.1. The one listed for the 3137 is actually updated though! I had the same problem - couldn't get any driver to install with 8.1 - and this one worked. I hope this helps!

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

February 15th, 2014 02:00

If you have the Dell Wireless 1705 card, then I think I found the right driver for you: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/inspiron-11-3137?driverId=5KRT8&osCode=WB64A&fileId=3336280365&languageCode=EN&categoryId=NI The problem is that the drivers listed haven't been updated to work with 8.1. The one listed for the 3137 is actually updated though! I had the same problem - couldn't get any driver to install with 8.1 - and this one worked. I hope this helps!

This driver here:

http://ftp.dell.com/FOLDER01839309M/2/Network_Qualcomm_W8.14_X03_A01_WiFi_BT_Setup-858XX_ZPE.exe (direct link)

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/driverdetails?driverid=858XX (drivers and downloads)

is slightly newer.

No Events found!