Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 11th, 2012 21:00

Windows 8 and Dell Latitude e6430

Dear Users,

I have recently bought a dell e6430 and more recently updated it to Win 8. ( I am still to figure out if it was a good decision or not)

I am having couple of problems. I hope someone can guide me for this. FYI I have read all related topics in forums and have tried accordingly but no solution yet.

1- Finger print reader is not working. I cannot find DDP-A for Windows 8. Even if we get one I am not sure if it will work smoothly.
I have tried many things in different forums but no solution. In windows7 it was working fine.

2- Integrated webcam. This is giving me a very hard time.

I have installed Dell Webcam central, sometimes it starts giving me an error to close the application that is using the webcam. I have tried many suggestion in forums from changing HDD sleep time to uninstall and reinstalling the drivers and webcam app. Sometimes it just works fine.

Sometimes window detects it as a USB video device and sometimes integrated webcam. I am exhausted with options here :(

I am looking forward for help here.

Thanks in advance

28 Posts

November 12th, 2012 21:00

Anyone .................... help please

28 Posts

November 14th, 2012 22:00

Anyone from Dell here. Or Dell people do not bother to login here......

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

November 15th, 2012 01:00

28 Posts

November 16th, 2012 22:00

Dear Philip

Thanks for the detailed reply. The webcam issue is resolved by this. Sometimes it gives the same error of another source using the camera, a restart fixes that as well ...for now lets live with this.

About finger print reader: I cannot find DigitalPersona Personal Fingerprint 5.2 and cannot download it as my service tag shows not supported at the my dell downloads. ( I am not sure why dell downloads is not fair for all users)

I would appreciate if you or anyone can help me to download DPPF 5.2 and help me with my dell downloads.

Thanks again.

28 Posts

November 17th, 2012 04:00

Thanks Philip

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

November 17th, 2012 04:00

I cannot help you with My Dell Downloads however I know registering with that service is a common problem.

I will ask someone who works for Dell to see if they can assist you registering the service on Dells end.

28 Posts

November 19th, 2012 03:00

Anyone from dell.....please

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

November 19th, 2012 14:00

I will try contacting someone else for you.

1.8K Posts

November 22nd, 2012 03:00

Hi adeelbaig,

In Latitude E6230, E6330, E6430S, E6430, E6430 ATG and E6530 the "Dell Data Protection | Access" is an application used for fingerprint reader. 

You can try the downloading and installing the application from the link: http://dell.to/WlzJHI and see if it works. In 

Steps to download drivers:-

• Click 'Download file' to download the list to a folder you will designate.
  • Click 'Save'. Then designate the folder you would like to save the files to.
  • Once you have designated the folder you would like to save your files to, Click 'OK'.
  • Selected downloads will automatically start downloading. Next is Installation.
  • To start installation, Click Open folder. Right-click a downloaded file and select the option to ‘Run as administrator’.
  • A small window will appear with 'Continue' and 'Exit' buttons, click 'Continue'.
  • In the Select the folder where you want to unzip the files to window, click OK.
  • If a message appears asking to create a folder, click 'Yes'. If a message appears asking to overwrite the folder, click 'Yes to All'.
  • In the All files were successfully unzipped window, click OK.
  • A new window will appear, follow the prompts that appear to finish the installation.
  • Restart your computer.

Please reply with the findings. 

28 Posts

November 22nd, 2012 04:00

Thanks Chinmay S

I have downgraded to Win 7 for the time being because the support from dell was slow and pathetic. I am not sure why they respond so slowly or not respond at all ................

I am very very disappointed with my decision of switching to dell. I was using laptops from another well-known  manufacturer and had no problem at all. Now I think I should not have taken this advice from a dell user (which happens to be a good friend of mine).

Just a small suggestion for DELL:

I have seen somewhere on Dell website " Dell recommends Win 8". Please remove that and first provide the support and then put this on website.

My 0.00005 cents.

1.8K Posts

November 22nd, 2012 18:00

Hi,

I understand where you coming from and I am extremely sorry about the experience. We value our customers. I am apologetic about the situation. Your feedback is valuable to us and we'll work on getting the service more effective.

Please do write reply if I can be of any further assistance.

28 Posts

November 22nd, 2012 19:00

Thanks for the reply Chinmay.

Just do me a favor, Whenever the Win 8 driver for each and every device in latitude series are ready, please let me know. It would be a great help .Trust me.

1.8K Posts

November 24th, 2012 01:00

Hi,

I apologize for all the incovenience caused. Here is the link for the support site; please enter the service tag and submit. Then click on 'Analyse system for updates' to find the latest drivers uploaded for your system. 

Please reply for further clarifications.

28 Posts

November 24th, 2012 03:00

Hi There

I have exhausted all such options and the support this website provides, is/was not sufficient.

BTW may I know why systems in this region are not registered with my dell downloads. When I try to register it and it says service tag not supported. Can you help me to register with the website. Can you please?

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 24th, 2012 03:00

adeelbaig,

If DELL-Chinmay S cannot help, then my friend Roshan has a way to get you registered.

Click on the blue, DELL-Roshan L on the next page, start conversation with and please provide Roshan with the following information.

1. System Service Tag.

2. Customer’s Contact Information:

• Name (First, Last)

• E-mail address

• Portal Password

• Country

• Language

• System type

• Operating System

• Browser Used & Version

3. Detailed Description of the Issue (screenshots if available).

Rick

No Events found!