Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 23rd, 2017 05:00

Windows Downgrade for Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming 7567

Dear All,

For my work I need to downgrade the Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming 7567 which come with windows 10 to windows 7,  but after about a year when all the software that I use for work will be updated to windows 10 then I like to re built with windows 10.  Is this possible ? 

Will the windows 10 product key in the BIOS be loss when I downgrade to windows 7 ?

Will I need a to buy a new windows 10 Key when I re-built the computer ?

Thank You

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 23rd, 2017 12:00

It's not an option - with the seventh generation CPU you have, only Windows 10 is supported - there is no support for Windows 7 on this model.

If you need Windows 7, you'll need to return the system and order a different model with a Skylake (6th generation) CPU -- the last one with pre-Windows 10 support.  Some Latitude models still offer 6th generation CPUs.

www.dell.com/.../microsoft-windows-operating-system-support-for-intel-kaby-lake-processors

support.microsoft.com/.../the-processor-is-not-supported-together-with-the-windows-version-that

August 23rd, 2017 22:00

no you dont need .. if u have original windows 10 on your pc one time .. u can reinstall it without product key.

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

August 24th, 2017 11:00

You can always reinstall Windows 10 with no product key, and your digital license recorded with Microsoft will not be affected by installing other OSes in the meantime.  However, downgrade rights are not automatic; they typically only come with enterprise licenses and if the OEM specifically provides them, which is not the case here.  You would not have a license to install Windows 7 just because you have a license for Windows 10.  And as ejn63 said, that PC might not even support Windows 7.

No Events found!