Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 29th, 2014 05:00

Windows Mobility Center Button(Quickset) is not working in Dell Inspiron 14R 5420

Hello,

I found the Windows Mobility Center button on the right side of the laptop above the keyboard does not open the Windows Mobility Center.  When I press the button, the backlight on the button does come on and dims for a few seconds until it goes off.  That is all that happens.  When I open Control Panel, Windows Mobility Center, it works perfectly.  What needs to be done to enable the Windows Mobility Center button on my Inspiron 14R laptop?

Observations:

1. Using latest Quickset Application and BIOS.

2.Reinstalled Quickset application, even though it is not working

3. Windows 8.1 SW is upto date.

4. Instant launch Manager & Sound Mode buttons are working fine.

Please let me know, if any further details are required.

-Kiran

April 29th, 2014 10:00

Hi kiran2urs,

The three button on the top right corner are Quick launch buttons. The first one is Windows Mobility Center Launch Button, second one is Preset Audio Mode Launch Button and the third is Dell Instant Launch Button (this is User programmable). I suggest that you reinstall the 'Quickset' software to have this issue fixed. The following steps will help you in reinstalling 'Quickset':

Go to Start menu> Control Panel> Programs and Features. Once the program window opens, search for 'Quickset' and uninstall that by right clicking on it. Once done, restart the system and download the 'Quickset' software from the following link:

http://dell.to/1hPIe81

Restart the system and check the functionality of the Quick launch buttons.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know in case of any queries.

3 Posts

April 29th, 2014 22:00

Hello Mohammed,

I have tried with the given SW, still the problem is not resolved.

1. Mobility Center Launch Button --> Backlight of the button glows but not launching the application.

2. Preset Audio Mode button --> Working

3. Dell Instant Launch Button --> Working

Regards,

Kiran

April 30th, 2014 04:00

Hi kiran2urs,

Open Windows Mobility Center by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Mobile PC, and then clicking Windows Mobility Center.

Where you see the Function Key Row, change it to Multimedia key.

Then close Windows Mobility Center.

Now try the buttons at the top.(Quick launch buttons) Let me know if it worked.

3 Posts

May 5th, 2014 05:00

Hello Mohammed,

Sorry for the late response,

I have tried with the above procedure... It is not working:emotion-9:

Regards,

Kiran

May 6th, 2014 01:00

Hi kiran2urs,

Windows mobility center is not compatible with Windows 8/8.1. Dell Instant Launch Button is only compatible with Windows vista and windows 7.How ever one last thing you can try doing is uninstalled quickset from system and I suggest that you download Quickset, save the file on Desktop.

Right click on quickset software>go to propertied windows. Change the compatibility mode to windows 7 and reinstall the 'Quickset' software to have this issue fixed.

If it does not work then you will have to reinstall Windows 7 on the system to make the Dell Instant Launch Button functioning.

1 Message

April 12th, 2016 11:00

dear try this

open task manager

navigate to start ups

right click on quickset and enable it.

then right click on quickset open file location then run quickset.exe

No Events found!