Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 18th, 2017 22:00

Wireless Mouse WM324 stopped working

Hi Dell community,

My mouse that I bought two years ago, Dell WM324, has stopped working.

I barely used the mouse, I used the mouse pad on my laptop mostly, and the battery lasted for more than a year. Than the mouse stopped working recently, I changed the battery, the light of the mouse shines but the mouse just wouldn't move. I tried re-installing the Bluetooth drive too.

P.S I am very sure the battery is alive, because I used it on another product and it worked perfectly.

Is it normal that the mouse's light shines but doesn't work? Is it normal for a mouse to die in two years?

Thank you!!!

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 19th, 2017 05:00

:emotion-2:

Please click on link below, hopefully it will be a help to you:

Support for Dell Wireless Mouse WM324 | Support topics ...

EDIT:

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 19th, 2017 05:00

"  I changed the battery, the light of the mouse shines but the mouse just wouldn't move ".

What color is the light ? I'm  assuming the battery is brand new.

2 Posts

June 19th, 2017 10:00

Yes, the light is white, it would shine for a couple seconds and go off.. very strange

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 19th, 2017 15:00

I'm assuming windows 10 is on the system.....

It appears the mouse is good. Type Settings onto [Cortana] search box, Devices, Bluetooth & Other Devices, make sure Bluetooth is turn on and Dell WM324 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse is listed. Also click on Mouse, and then make sure switch is turn on under Scroll inactive windows.

Dell Inspiron 3048:

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 19th, 2017 19:00

Lastly,

If the mouse still isn't fix, click Additional Mouse Options. Touch or click the picture of the touchpad, click on picture of mouse. 

Disabling or Enabling the Touchpad on a Dell Notebook ...

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 19th, 2017 19:00

And then Disable touchpad When USB Mouse Present

No Events found!